- Brands We Carry
With proper planning and cost control, anyone can handle the much-needed home improvement to increase its value and appeal. The best way to ensure that everything goes as planned is by setting aside a budget for the sole purpose of renovating and improving your home’s interior. The budget set for this exercise should be well planned for as under planning for the same can leave your house in quite a mess. If possible, consider seeking the help of an interior designer to assist you with budget allocation and insights on the same. Discussed below are a few tips and ideas on how to upgrade your home’s interior smoothly.
1. Sand and repaint the house: If there are stains on the walls, ceiling, and the floor, you should then consider applying a new coat of paint to cover these blemishes. Choose brighter colors for small spaces, and darker ones for rooms that are too big. Brighter colors are however preferred as they complement many household accessories and furniture. Shop for your favorite color theme and buy only the best quality paint there is.
2. Replace window blinds and curtains: Using new curtains and blinds to cover your windows can help update and brighten your house’s interior. You should however consider buying two separate pairs of blinds and curtains, light and breezy ones for warm weather, and thick dark ones for the winter. A professional interior designer can help you choose the best drapes and curtains for your house.
3. Have a programmable thermostat installed: A programmable thermostat will help regulate room temperatures automatically. They are also energy-sufficient hence can contribute to reducing energy and utility bills.
4. Update the HVAC system: This should be done before having the programmable thermostat installed. Newer HVAC systems are more energy efficient and are even more reliable than the older types. Look for an energy-star labeled system before making the purchase.
5. Install a Fireplace: Fireplaces help make a house warmer and magical things happen around it. You should however consider between wood, gas and an electrical fireplace for your house. If there’s no space for a physical fireplace to be installed, you can then by a bio-ethane fireplace. A bio-fueled fireplace is more appealing and does add value to your house.
6. Upgrade your bathroom: The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in a home. Bathrooms suffer all forms of damage and should be repaired or services every once in a while. If the bathroom isn’t tiled, consider having tiles installed on the wall and the floor. The bathtub should also be in its top condition as well. You can also have new faucets (such as under-mount sinks) installed in the same.
7. Give your kitchen an upgrade: This is the most important place in every home. It is the center of every family’s livelihood and needs to be well kept and maintained. Consider having sinks, taps, and other appliances replaced. Interior designers recommend stainless steel appliances in a kitchen. You should also consider having a new worktop installed in the kitchen. If the kitchen walls and floor is stained, consider having them painted and repaired.
The tips and ideas discussed above are simple and shouldn’t cost you much. These will however give your house the much-needed interior upgrade, and make your friends jealous.